The campus at a glance
Since opening in 1998 the 125-acre Daniel J. Patterson Campus in Niagara-on-the-Lake has been the centre for NC’s business, hospitality, environmental, culinary and wine programs. It has blossomed into a masterpiece of hands-on learning through the innovative development of several on-campus teaching enterprises. It has most recently seen the addition of a state-of-the-art fitness and research centre in the Marotta Family Innovation Complex, together with Canada’s first and only Cannabis Institute and Teaching Distillery.
This campus houses the schools of Academic and Liberal Studies; Business and Management; Culinary Arts; Environment and Horticulture; Hospitality and Tourism; and Wine, Beer and Spirits.
Daniel J. Patterson
Dr. Daniel J. Patterson was Niagara College’s celebrated fifth president from 1995-2020. The Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus was renamed to the Daniel J. Patterson Campus in recognition of Dr. Patterson’s accomplishments by the Niagara College Board of Governors on November 22, 2019.
Since the Daniel J. Patterson Campus in Niagara-on-the-Lake opened in 1998, it has been a living reflection of the innovation and tenacity that defined Dr. Patterson’s leadership of the college. From the introduction of NC’s unique learning enterprises, to the growth of the NC’s applied research capabilities, every step in the campus’s history can be traced back to Dr. Patterson’s vision.
- NC Teaching Brewery: Canada’s first commercial teaching brewery, an open-concept 1,500-sq.ft. micro-brewery facility where students brew craft beer on campus.
- NC Teaching Winery: Housed in the Wine Visitor + Education Centre. The first commercial teaching winery in Canada.
- NC Teaching Distillery: Canada’s first and only Artisan Distilling program offers extensive hands-on training in an onsite, state-of-the-art Teaching Distillery.
- NC Teaching Greenhouse: Ontario’s largest training greenhouse, served by Horticulture students and open to the public.
- NC Teaching Spa: Enabling Esthetician students to work with clients in a safe environment while developing their skills and techniques.
- Rankin Student Commons: Newly renovated, the contemporary student hub and cafeteria offers students a welcoming, social and collaborative environment. Award of Excellence from the Niagara Biennial Design Awards.
- Marotta Family Innovation Complex: Featuring a gymnasium, fitness centre and agri-food research labs, classrooms, student entrepreneurship space, a food sciences and processing lab and sustainable technologies such as electric vehicle charging stations, a green roof water retention system and a rainwater collection and irrigation system.
- Student Services and Stores: Campus Bookstore, Library and Learning Commons, Residence, Health Centre, Cafeteria
- Living Laboratory: The campus is comprised of ecological lagoons, wetlands, landscaped community gardens, hop yard, culinary gardens, and a 40-acre on-campus vineyard that together provide you with a valuable hands-on, farm-to-table experience.
In the Neighbourhood
The Outlet Collection at Niagara sits immediately across the street, and features over 100 well-known retail brands, as well as plenty of food options.
Students and visitors alike can enjoy two worlds: the natural landscape of the Niagara escarpment situated adjacent to the campus, and the lively surrounding communities. There is something for everyone, including a 100+ brand outlet shopping centre directly across the street.
Niagara Falls and the beautiful Niagara Parkway, Niagara River and Ontario Wine Country are all close by. Students and residents can also visit sandy beaches and enjoy summertime fun along the shores of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. The Niagara area also offers excellent recreational fishing, boating and hiking, as well as vibrant festivals and events.
135 Taylor Road,
L0S 1J0, Canada
Buildings and Wings
- North Wing and Marotta Wing (N)
- East Wing (E)
- West Wing (W)
- Hospitality/Culinary (HT)
- Greenhouse (G)
- Teaching Brewery (B)
- Wine Visitor and Education Centre (WC)