The below are minimum admission requirements, listed by program type. Visit the program’s webpage for comprehensive admission requirements.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent
- English–any Grade 12 (C) or (U), or equivalent
Some programs may admit students with a lesser English requirement. Please check the program’s webpage for details.
Honours Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent.
- English–any Grade 12 (U), or equivalent (minimum grade 60%)
- Mathematics–any Grade 12 (U) or Grade 12 Accounting (M), or equivalent (minimum grade 60%)
- Four additional Grade 12 (U) or (M) level courses in any field of study
- An overall average of 65% in the six Grade 12 (U) or (M) courses
Note: Secondary school grades from co-op courses and half credit courses are not considered.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent AND
- Employment in the trade
For further information, please contact the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development, Apprenticeship Client Services in person at their office on 301 St. Paul St. W, 10th Floor, St. Catharines, ON L2R 7R4, by phone at 905-704-2991, by fax at 905-704-2985, or online at www.ontario.ca/apprenticeship.
Graduate Certificate Programs
- Ontario College Diploma (or equivalent) or Bachelor’s Degree
- Proof of English proficiency
Most private college courses and/or credentials are not acceptable as admission requirements for Niagara College programs. Please contact the admissions office at [email protected] for assistance with your particular program of interest.
Mature Students (19+) with no Secondary School Diploma
If you are age 19 or older as of the first day of classes, and do not have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, you may be considered for admission as a mature student. You must meet all specific admission requirements (courses, portfolio, written statement, audition, pre-admission testing, etc.) for the program to which you are applying.
Equivalency testing is available in Mathematics and English for applicants age 19 or older. Testing is not available for Biology, Chemistry or Physics. Test fees are payable at the time the test is written. To review eligibility for admission, please contact the Admissions Office at 905-735-2211, ext. 7619 or email [email protected].
The minimum academic requirements listed pertain to most programs. Some programs may also require:
- specific pre-requisite courses
- pre-admission testing
- attendance at an information session
- participation in an audition session
- submission of a portfolio
- completion of an essay or questionnaire
- or additional assessment of equivalency to required courses
It is important to note that meeting admission requirements does not guarantee admission to Niagara College programs. You can find specific up-to-date admission requirements as well as selection and ranking information posted on individual program webpages.